This one is my absolute favourite. It calls for very basic ingredients & makes a very satisfying breakfast. I recommend that you give this version try. It is quite different from the usual onion or mixed vegetable version of rice noodles.
The recipe for home-made rice noodles will follow later. I have made this using the store-bought ones. Hope you guys like it . . .
You Will Need:
- 2 cups rice noodles - I used store-bought
- 1/2 cup grated coconut - fresh/frozen
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A huge sprig of cilantro
- A handful of curry leaves
- A big pinch of turmeric
- A handful of groundnuts
- 2 -3 tbsp - lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a large vessel. once it start boiling, add a tsp of oil turnoff the stove
- Add rice noodles & cover it. Let it cook for a minute & NOT any more than that
- Transfer cooked noodles to a colander & run cold water it. Keep aside & let it cool
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies, cilantro, curry leaves mustard seeds into a smooth paste without adding too much water
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan & add oil. Add mustard seeds, groundnuts & turmeric & let it roast well & turn off the stove
- Add the ground paste, cooked noodles along with salt to the tempering
- Add lemon juice & mix well. You can add another teaspoon of oil at this point if required
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve with Coriander Chutney . . . Enjoi !