Preparation Time : 1 hour
- Grated carrots - 4 cups
- Milk - 4 cups
- Ghee/clarified butter - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- 2 tsp - green cardamon powder
- A handful of cashewnuts - chopped
- A handful of raisins
- Heat 2 tsps of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan & fry raisins & cashewnuts until golden brown. Remove & set aside
- Add grated carrots & saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add 4 cups of milk & stir at regular intervals.
- Cook until milk is completely absorbed
- Mix in ghee & sugar & stir till sugar is completely dissolved & carrots get a glaze.
- Turn off the stove, Add in green cardamom powder & mix well
- Garnish with chopped cashewnuts & raisins.