Penne Pasta Salad

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The other day, I was all by myself & I made this super easy Pasta Salad for lunch. This one is packed with nutrition & is very filling.

I am quite fond of penne pasta, but you can pretty much use whichever you like. I used wholewheat pasta, so the fibre part is taken care of. Next time, I might use tri-color shell pasta to add more color.

pasta salad

You Will Need:

  • 1 1/2 cups Penne Pasta - I used wholewheat pasta
  • 8-10 cherry tomatoes - halved
  • 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
  • 1/4 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 carrot - julienned
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 cup cheese
  • Salt as per taste
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • Chopped cilantro - for garnish

How To:

  • Cook pasta as per package instructions. Drain & set aside
  • Blanch the vegetables till cooked yet firm.
  • Heat oilve oil in a pan, roast the blanched vegetables for about 3 minutes. Throw in grated cheese & toss to coat
  • Add cooked pasta & mix well. Garnish with chopped cilantro.

Serve warm & Enjoi !!!

You Might Also Like

42 comments