Spicy Potato Sticks

Monday, January 18, 2010

Do you find yourself craving for some fried goodies or sweets ?? I do, most of the times. But I do not always give in to the temptation. I grab a cucumber or munch on roasted almonds or max, I bite into a small piece of dark chocolate.

Yesterday, I made some spicy potato sticks just like that. They always taste great right? So I ate quite a bit & now I am guilty ...

If you are not counting calories, go make them now ...

DSC_0960

You Will Need:

  • 4 -5 large potatoes
  • Salt as per taste
  • 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
  • Oil for deep frying

Method:

  • Wash & dry the potatoes. Halve the potatoes & cut them into 1/2 inch sticks.
  • In a vessel, pour ice cold water & 3 tsp salt. Soak potato sticks for 30 mins. Drain & place potatoes on paper towels & pat dry.
  • In a large bowl, mix together salt & red chilli powder. Add potato sticks. Toss to coat well.
  • Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. When the oil is hot, deep fry the potato sticks in batches until golden brown. This should take about 3-4 mins.
  • Remove with a slotted spoon.
  • Let them cool & store in a air-tight jar.

Munch on these whenever you feel like. Enjoi !!!

You Might Also Like

45 comments