And this is exactly how, Carrot Rice came into being at home. Whenever I have loads of leftover carrots, This dish simply shoes up in the menu.
This one really is as easy as it can get. Just a few grated carrots, some basic spices & its done in no time. Its a great option with leftover rice too.
You Will Need:
- 5 medium sized carrots - peeled & grated
- 1 cup Rice - Any Variety ( I used Sona Masuri )
- 4 - 5 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Clean rice in several changes of water. Pressure cook rice. Set aside & allow it to cool
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, splutter cumin seeds, add chopped green chillies & ginger garlic paste & fry for a few secs.
- Add grated carrots, turmeric powder, red chilli powder & saute till the raw smell disappears. The carrots need not be cooked completely.
- Add rice, Garam Masala, Kitchen King Masala & Salt. Mix well.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with Raita & Potato chips. Enjoi !!!
You could make it more elaborate by adding a few more vegetables. You could use some onions too. The next time, I will be adding some green peas for a nice bite.
If you have a house like mine, with loads of leftover carrots, you know what to do !!!