July 27, 2015

Veggie Pasta Salad

I was wanting to post this recipe for the longest time, But somehow, every time I made a bowl of this salad, I could never take pictures or the salad vanished really quick even before I made plans to take pictures.

The first time I ate this Pasta Salad was at my friend's Ashwini's place & I have been recreating this in my own kitchen since then, This salad is quite filling & is a meal in itself. If I have leftover cooked pasta, then this salad is usually what my next meal is. This one definitely features in one of my easy to make favourite recipes.


Pasta Salad


You Will Need:

  • 1/2 cup uncooked Pasta - Macaroni or any Small sized Pasta
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper - finely diced
  • 1 Yellow Bell Pepper - finely diced
  • 1/2 cup of shredded Purple Cabbage
  • 5-6 Baby corn 
  • Salt to taste

For the Dressing:
  • 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
  • 2 tsp minced Garlic
  • 1 tsp Chili Flakes
  • 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2 tsp Dried Basil
  • A handful of Mint - finely chopped

How To:

Cook Pasta according to Package Instructions. Drain & Set aside. Dice the Bell Peppers. Cut Baby Corn into rounds & steam them.

For the Dressing, whisk together Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Tabasco Sauce, Minced Garlic, Chili Flakes, Dried Basil and Apple Cider Vinegar.

In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, Diced Peppers, Shredded Cabbage, Baby corn & chopped mint. Pour the dressing & some salt to taste. Mix well with a fork.

Let it sit for at least 30 minutes before serving, f.or the flavours to infuse. You can also chill it in the refrigerator and serve it as a cold salad.


DSC_0997

I would have loved to add a bit of sliced Olives but I didn't have any. I love Olives so I always add them. My friend Ashwini also adds a bit of sliced Cherry Tomatoes & Diced Cucumbers.

This recipe is very easy to make in large quantities so it fits perfectly in a party menu. Plus, it can me made way ahead of time. It also makes for a good lunch box option if you have leftover cooked pasta from previous night's dinner.


3 comments:

web lol said...

kul post

Dhiraj Kumar said...

Fantastic post - Great explainations and thinking.I'm looking forward to what you have for us next..!
Vegetables

free games to download said...

always choose your travel agency very well, you would not really want to deal with those rip-off travel agents::